Who doesn't have a jewelry organization problem? I started out with a small jewelry box in high school, and then upgraded to a bigger one in college. Now I've outgrown the bigger one, so I followed the good ol' bulletin board trend and made one. There are some really cute tutorials out there that use bulletin boards, picture frames, peg boards, etc. I happened to have an unused bulletin board from high school still hanging on my bedroom wall at my parents' house, so I reclaimed it for this project rather than buying something new.
I covered it with some fabric from my stash, and lined the edges with ribbon. All it took was my trusty glue gun! Then I added a blue ribbon but only glued it on the ends. This way I can attach hair clips too.
Then I raided the office supply box in the office and emerged victorious with just enough white push pins to hang my jewelry on.
I do wonder if having it all unprotected like this will leave it more susceptible to tarnish. I also haven't thought of a way that I like to hang stud earrings. Jordan suggested using regular headless needles and hanging the loop part of the earring back on them, but the thought of stabbing my hands every time I reach for something isn't too appealing. Does anyone have a better idea for that?
This is so cute! I am amazed at how many projects you kick out. It is impressive:) You could make little drawstring bags out of a meshy see through material...like tuille?...and then hang them in the little bag?
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea!
ReplyDeleteYou really impress me, Stace! To think we're related. :)
ReplyDeleteAs to the earring problem, couldn't you just use a ribbon like the one the one for your hair clips and stick the studs through? Just a thought...