Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentine/Birthday/Christmas/Father's Day Paper Bag Cards

Thanks to Michelle, I was reminded of a good idea for a Valentine's Day card. Here it is!

My good friend, Holly, showed me how to make these cute cards/books when I was trying to figure out what to do for Jordan for Christmas in 2007. The second one is the one I made him for Father's Day last year from B.

 You can decorate each two-page spread with anything you want! Pictures, quotes, baby handprints/footprints, ticket stubs, stamps, ink, embellishments, ribbons, etc.
Go to town!

 I put ticket stubs and little notes inside each of the pockets in Jordan's card.

 Oh, how sweet, I know.

So here's how it's done:
 Three paper bags will give you 5 two-page spreads to work with in your booklet.  If you want more or less pages, add or subtract a bag! I like to alternate which way the bags are facing so I don't end up with 3 pockets right in a row. Play with it and see how you want yours to lay out.

 Fold them in half.


 Staple!
(Close to the edge so it leaves you with some room for decorating the pages.)

I like to use cardstock for the "cover" so it gives the whole thing a more sturdy feel, overall. Then decorate your pages however you would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment