Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowman Neighbor Gifts

I saw this craft in Family Fun, and of course, wanted to make it:

The tutorial can be found here:

I didn't have plastic bottles on hand, but I had glass. You can't cut the bottoms off of glass bottles for the LED candles, but I was thinking you could string white Christmas lights above them and poke a light down into each snowman's hat and light him up that way.

I made them as neighbor/visiting teaching gifts, by filling them with M&Ms and attaching this cute M&M Christmas poem that I found:
As you hold these candies in your hand
and turn them,
you will see
the M becomes a W, an E and a 3.

They tell the Christmas story,
it's one I'm sure you know,
It took place in a stable,
a long, long time ago.

The E is for the East where the star shines so bright.

The M is for the Manger
where baby Jesus slept that night.

The 3 is for the wise men bearing gifts,
with haste they came.

W is for Worship, angels sang praise to His name.

So as you eat these candies
or share them with a friend,
Remember the true spirit of Christmas
and never let it end!



Here are my snowmen before they were filled with candy. And this is also what they will look like after my neighbors eat the candy and sit the little snowman on the shelf to admire for years to come! ;)



1 comment: