Friday, December 16, 2011

Gratitude in a Frame

I saw this on Studio 5 back around Thanksgiving and got right to work! :)


After I started my own, I went back to her blog and realized she wrote a LOT bigger than I did! So it has taken me a couple of weeks just to write everything down on my paper. I LOVE other people's ideas and I'm so glad they share them with the world! And I'm glad she said to copy hers, because I pretty much did exactly that!


Even though Thanksgiving this year has passed, I think this is an appropriate year-round decoration.  In the First Presidency Message this month, President Eyring says:

"Most of all, sometimes it is hard for us to be sufficiently grateful for the greatest gifts we receive: the birth of Jesus Christ, His Atonement, the promise of resurrection, the opportunity to enjoy eternal life with our families, the Restoration of the gospel with the priesthood and its keys. Only with the help of the Holy Ghost can we begin to feel what those blessings mean for us and for those we love. And only then can we hope to be thankful in all things and avoid the offense to God of ingratitude.

We all can make the choice to give thanks in prayer and to ask God for direction to serve others for Him—especially during this time of year when we celebrate the Savior’s birth. God the Father gave His Son, and Jesus Christ gave us the Atonement, the greatest of all gifts and all giving (see D&C 14:7)."

No comments:

Post a Comment