I've been asked to show how I make hair bows, so here is one style that I like to make because I think it is the cutest kind! I have to give credit to Kylee for this because I got it from her! She made one of these for B, and it was so cute that I had to try to copy it in order to have a second one to match for pigtails!
In this one, I did two flowers that are the same size but different colors. I've also done them different sizes, with different numbers of petals, etc. Be creative!
For this size, I cut my ribbons about 10-11" each. If I'm experimenting with lengths, I'll just make the bow right from the spool and not cut it until the end. Make your first loop like you'd make an "awareness ribbon".
Bring the long tail down and make your second loop like a figure eight.
Make a third loop inbetween your first two.
Make your fourth loop opposite of your third loop.
Take your needle and thread and go through all layers, back and forth a few times until it feels secure. I've also done this where I sew the loops to the beginning of my ribbon as I make each one, but I think I like it best to wait until the end and just go through all of it at once.
I made my second flower the exact same size as the first one, and then sewed it on. You could also hot glue it! Then I just glued the button right in the middle.
Cover your alligator clips in ribbon to match the wearer's hair. For this size of clip, it takes about 3 3/4" of brown ribbon. I put a dab of glue on the clip right underneath each of my fingers and then left the long tail unglued. The long tail is on the TOP part of the clip. You want the top part to be covered and the bottom part to have exposed prongs so it can go into her hair easily.
Lay it flat, upside down, and glue your ribbon from the end of the clip to the end of the ribbon.
Pinch the clip open, fold the gluey ribbon around the edge of the clip and back down underneath, back towards the clip's spring. I like going as close to the spring as possible (to cover as much of the bottom side of that top half of the clip) because the texture of the ribbon against her hair helps hold the bow in place.
Now just put a dab of hot glue on the back of your bow an glue it right to your clip! Ta da!
No comments:
Post a Comment