Sunday, April 1, 2012

Photo Book

 Can someone recommend a better photobook website? I need something that shows accurate print previews. I've had a couple recommendations for Shutterfly because apparently their print preview is quite accurate. Costco's is not! :(

 After a month and a half of creating these digital scrapbook pages in Photoshop Elements, I finally had my whole alphabet photo book ready for B.  When I uploaded them to the Costco site, the pages were cropped in a little bit, which I assumed was for bleed and binding.  I adjusted all of my layouts accordingly as I created them, and the print preview looked perfect.  But when I printed it, entire letters and sections of pictures are lost in the binding! :(  I wish their print preview was accurate!

 I hear that Shutterfly will warn you if something is out of print bounds, but I wonder if that just applies to the Shutterfly elements or if it will show you what will be cut off from your FULL PAGE digital layouts.  Has anyone tried? I know I have a very limited audience on here but has anyone, by chance, ever printed a digital scrapbook in photobook form?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I want to upload my pages to a new website as they are, not have to redo all of them like Costco suggested. Thanks for your help! :)

1 comment:

  1. is costco giving you your money back? and by the way I think Kambree and Shelese have both used shutterfly

    ReplyDelete